Jump to content
Iso

PvM boxes/PVP armors/Capes(again)

Recommended Posts

Title says it all boys, lowercase iso back at ya with another sleep deprived, energy drink fueled shitpost.

PvM Boxes:

  • Increase cost to 20-50k PvM points (based on how the below suggestions are weighted)
  • Increase possible loot rolls from 1 to 1-3 (like clue scrolls)
  • Increase overall common/uncommon loot to match the point cost
  • Move Cerb crystals/Nex armors/Zenytes to ultra rare table
  • Make GWD armors a tier rarer
  • Add random potions/food drops similar to the deadman mode drops on osrs (brews/restores/super sets/spec restores/misc food)

PvP Armors:

  • Make them repairable, increase duration to 2 hours
  • Weighted repair cost based on how armors/weapons compare to current high tier gear; 10m per armor piece, 20m per weapon for full 100% charge
  • Remove PvP armor drops from chaos elemental, replace them with tyrannical ring/ring of the gods, as there is no boss that drops them
  • Increase overall drop table of revenants, similar to osrs, increase the rarity of PvP armors for low level revenants
  • Remove unlimited ammunition donor perk from ranged PvP weapons (I would also remove it for onyx bolts e too)
  • Special attacks with PvP weapons drain total charges by 0.5%

Kiln Capes:

  • Add range and mage variants, adjust stats to be best in slot of each combat style, no avas effect on range variant

 

K that's it. Thanks for reading. Unless you don't know how to read, then wait for the pictures only version to come out. Which kind of makes the first part of the sentence pointless. Because if you can't read then why would I make a disclaimer about you not knowing how to read. This feels like every essay I've written for school. Just adding more words to make it seem like there's more there. Let's face it, if you're still here after kiln cape part then it's really your fault. You have poor time management skills. I bet you stay up until 2am watching videos on how to make things you'll never make in your life. It's not an attack on you, but maybe we all need to reflect on the things we've done at 2am. Sometimes I just stay up thinking about how everyone I met in life has a different version of me in their head. I bet most of them are good, but I'm a pretty weird fella. I just wrote 13 sentences after I finished this post just to make it look like I did more than I really did. Go ahead and count them out, the number was 13. I only did that because one of you is gonna read up to there and point out that in fact there wasn't really 13 sentences before I said that. I bet you're one of those poor time management people.  

Edited by Iso
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Support, but you can't prove I read anything after kiln capes.

 

  • Remove unlimited ammunition donor perk from ranged PvP weapons (I would also remove it for onyx bolts e too)

I can see this being an issue for people who currently have the unlimited ammo perk. It's possible there's a solution in just removing that perk from the wild, which I would be totally fine with (including some other perks probably). It's probable that PvP ranged weapons are too much of a grind to say they should stay attached to that perk, but Idk if I really think they're game breaking outside the wild.

+ Definitely in favor of removing more donor perks from the wild (including unl ammo)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2022 at 2:26 PM, Iso said:

Title says it all boys, lowercase iso back at ya with another sleep deprived, energy drink fueled shitpost.

PvM Boxes:

  • Increase cost to 20-50k PvM points (based on how the below suggestions are weighted)
  • Increase possible loot rolls from 1 to 1-3 (like clue scrolls)
  • Increase overall common/uncommon loot to match the point cost
  • Move Cerb crystals/Nex armors/Zenytes to ultra rare table
  • Make GWD armors a tier rarer
  • Add random potions/food drops similar to the deadman mode drops on osrs (brews/restores/super sets/spec restores/misc food)

PvP Armors:

  • Make them repairable, increase duration to 2 hours
  • Weighted repair cost based on how armors/weapons compare to current high tier gear; 10m per armor piece, 20m per weapon for full 100% charge
  • Remove PvP armor drops from chaos elemental, replace them with tyrannical ring/ring of the gods, as there is no boss that drops them
  • Increase overall drop table of revenants, similar to osrs, increase the rarity of PvP armors for low level revenants

Kiln Capes:

  • Add range and mage variants, adjust stats to be best in slot of each combat style, no avas effect on range variant

 

K that's it. Thanks for reading. Unless you don't know how to read, then wait for the pictures only version to come out. Which kind of makes the first part of the sentence pointless. Because if you can't read then why would I make a disclaimer about you not knowing how to read. This feels like every essay I've written for school. Just adding more words to make it seem like there's more there. Let's face it, if you're still here after kiln cape part then it's really your fault. You have poor time management skills. I bet you stay up until 2am watching videos on how to make things you'll never make in your life. It's not an attack on you, but maybe we all need to reflect on the things we've done at 2am. Sometimes I just stay up thinking about how everyone I met in life has a different version of me in their head. I bet most of them are good, but I'm a pretty weird fella. I just wrote 13 sentences after I finished this post just to make it look like I did more than I really did. Go ahead and count them out, the number was 13. I only did that because one of you is gonna read up to there and point out that in fact there wasn't really 13 sentences before I said that. I bet you're one of those poor time management people.  

I get paid by the hour, so yeah time management isn’t a thing for me mate… let’s face it though! Atleast I can read 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding the PvM-boxes I do support a change:

Making the boxes more expensive while making the rare content more rare will make these boxes almost "useless" in my opinion. 

Ref own experiences and the 1k openings of PvM boxes Jordan and Mate did, are a rare item about 1/100.

 

I think a better option will either change the drop-table of the rare items or make the boxes more expencive instead of doing both. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2022 at 10:28 AM, com_skjold said:

Regarding the PvM-boxes I do support a change:

Making the boxes more expensive while making the rare content more rare will make these boxes almost "useless" in my opinion. 

Ref own experiences and the 1k openings of PvM boxes Jordan and Mate did, are a rare item about 1/100.

 

I think a better option will either change the drop-table of the rare items or make the boxes more expencive instead of doing both. 

 

The idea behind the highest points per box cost is based around buffing the average loot from it, while making the boss drops rarer. More items are coming into the game from the PvM boxes than from actually bossing. They essentially are gamble boxes and should be treated as such.

image.png.5080fab305e3b6d70ae9c5a8f98de322.png

Edited by Iso
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Now that a bunch of high end items are in the game because of the PvM Boxes (this was the main reason why they were added), I do believe we should increase the cost of them to around 35k/50k depending on IF the rates are changed. They did their job by revitalizing the economy with Nex, Cerb, and Zenytes alike, however I still do believe the current drop rate for high end items are fair (1/250). We also need to take into account the RNG factor to these, some will get REALLY lucky, some will go EXTREMELY dry. Increasing the price of the boxes might only be the way we go about this. +1

 

image.png.47e5d49501c21f19acc0f7ef7317e92f.png

 

PvP armors should definitely be changed, they're pretty useful and I think having them repairable is a great step in the right direction for low-mid tier gear. Unlimited ammo on the ranged weapons can be MEGA broken at some places however people are donating for these features and I think we should only limit the perk in the Wilderness ONLY. Recurve and CCB will always be better in nearly every pvm situation outside of the Wildy.. +1

 

100% support for Mage/Range kiln capes - these should of been added long ago. Completionest cape should still be BiS and they should only be better than Max cape, as Kiln is better than Max already.

 

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk, you can support me via Patreon at www.google.com.

 

on the reals, good suggestions lowercase ISO

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2022 at 2:05 PM, fm das said:

100% support for Mage/Range kiln capes - these should of been added long ago. Completionest cape should still be BiS and they should only be better than Max cape, as Kiln is better than Max already.

I'd say make the kilns better than comp cape. Then IF comp (t) comes out it can be the all encompassing stat cape of our dreams.

BTW, I say this also because god capes and ava's assembler are already on par with comp cape.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

someones jealous of my ranged kiln cape 😄

I like the Pam box idea, making them roll like a clue scroll is a nice touch so 100% support that idea.

as for the ammo one, I'm obviously bias, I feel like to mess with donor perks after people have bought them is a bit slimy, that being said, the pvp ranged weapons in my eyes are a bit of an anomaly and would makes sense to not have the perk affect them, especially in wildy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Owner

I have already planned on upping the prices of PvM Boxes, but I do not want to change the entire way they were meant to function. Maybe in the future? I just don't see a need, I think these boxes are a banger, we sent them in on the initial update intentionally a little cheap because people wanted a little booster shot to Ely's veins. Now I think we can go to 25k per box and that's about all for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2022 at 6:57 AM, Lation said:

I have already planned on upping the prices of PvM Boxes, but I do not want to change the entire way they were meant to function. Maybe in the future? I just don't see a need, I think these boxes are a banger, we sent them in on the initial update intentionally a little cheap because people wanted a little booster shot to Ely's veins. Now I think we can go to 25k per box and that's about all for now.

I understand why you wouldn't want to change them so soon, but the issue is that more end-game gear is being created from the boxes than from the actual boss they drop from. That carries significant problems for the server since now Cerberus, Nex, and to an extent demonic gorillas aren't nearly as worthwhile to do unless you're an ironman. If the drops from those bosses weren't dropping fast enough before it's because they already weren't incentivizing enough to do, now we've only made that problem worse. I'm not saying you haven't accounted for this, and maybe these are just growing pains for things that will release later on, but as of now the current state of the item economy is messed up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/13/2022 at 12:51 AM, DevilSkag said:

I understand why you wouldn't want to change them so soon, but the issue is that more end-game gear is being created from the boxes than from the actual boss they drop from. That carries significant problems for the server since now Cerberus, Nex, and to an extent demonic gorillas aren't nearly as worthwhile to do unless you're an ironman. If the drops from those bosses weren't dropping fast enough before it's because they already weren't incentivizing enough to do, now we've only made that problem worse. I'm not saying you haven't accounted for this, and maybe these are just growing pains for things that will release later on, but as of now the current state of the item economy is messed up.

to be fair since the price was raised I have seen a significant reduction in the amount of endgame drops, but yeh I was surprised to see zenytes and cerb crystals in them at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





×
×
  • Create New...