Jump to content
PLAY NOW
Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

Broad Bolts (Again)

Recommended Posts

I know it's been posted before, but creating broad bolts is currently impossible in-game. The animation ID should be 65535 and the xp per bolt should be 30. The unlock ability is already in the Slayer shop, so this shouldn't be too hard to implement. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say it’s a bug since The ability to unlock it exists but it doesn’t do anything once unlocked, and fletching not having an animation is a bug too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 5:39 PM, Kyle said:

I know it's been posted before, but creating broad bolts is currently impossible in-game. The animation ID should be 65535 and the xp per bolt should be 30. The unlock ability is already in the Slayer shop, so this shouldn't be too hard to implement. Thank you!


So I've done some looking into the broad bolts thing - and i think it requires more discussion. Broad-tipped bolts are only as good as Addy(OS)/Rune bolts(RS3), with nothing special about them except a "cheaper" alternatives to said bolts. As it stands I don't see much use of addy & rune bolts in-game except very early on considering how easy it is to just craft x10 better bolts. So do we want to spend development time on adding another low-tier bolt that practically already exists? There appears to be little to no XP advantage to crafting these as well.

21 hours ago, Kyle said:

I would say it’s a bug since The ability to unlock it exists but it doesn’t do anything once unlocked, and fletching not having an animation is a bug too.


This is another thing I've looked into - the fletching animations that we are supposedly missing. After some research (and watching multiple videos of actual RS during the time period our revision exists in) there is no actual animation for adding tips to bolts, making headless arrows, etc - things of that sort. The animation wasn't added until the more recent revision, RS3 came out. Found this very odd but what made me discover it was the searching & searching of all animations within our revision for these specific ones and couldnt seem to find them so I looked to RS in this time and yeah - didn't even exist then. (side not: the anim you provided doesnt exist on our end)

So back to the main question - is it worth spending the time adding these bolts to the list of craftable items or leave as is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only use for them on Ely would be if you intend on killing turoths or kurasks with ranged, which I doubt many people do. But like Kyle has already mentioned, they are a unlock in the slayer shop. They would only be used on Ely to slay said monsters, which already have a way better way to be killed.

With that being said, I have nothing against having it as an option, but like Lation said, is it worth the dev time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kari said:

The only use for them on Ely would be if you intend on killing turoths or kurasks with ranged, which I doubt many people do. But like Kyle has already mentioned, they are a unlock in the slayer shop. They would only be used on Ely to slay said monsters, which already have a way better way to be killed.

With that being said, I have nothing against having it as an option, but like Lation said, is it worth the dev time?

If you eventually change it so Ironmen can’t buy high level bolts, they would be nice

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lation said:


So I've done some looking into the broad bolts thing - and i think it requires more discussion. Broad-tipped bolts are only as good as Addy(OS)/Rune bolts(RS3), with nothing special about them except a "cheaper" alternatives to said bolts. As it stands I don't see much use of addy & rune bolts in-game except very early on considering how easy it is to just craft x10 better bolts. So do we want to spend development time on adding another low-tier bolt that practically already exists? There appears to be little to no XP advantage to crafting these as well.


This is another thing I've looked into - the fletching animations that we are supposedly missing. After some research (and watching multiple videos of actual RS during the time period our revision exists in) there is no actual animation for adding tips to bolts, making headless arrows, etc - things of that sort. The animation wasn't added until the more recent revision, RS3 came out. Found this very odd but what made me discover it was the searching & searching of all animations within our revision for these specific ones and couldnt seem to find them so I looked to RS in this time and yeah - didn't even exist then. (side not: the anim you provided doesnt exist on our end)

So back to the main question - is it worth spending the time adding these bolts to the list of craftable items or leave as is?

The intent here isn't to use them as a method killing monsters. They are there to provide a viable method of training fletching, which, as of the right now, is the hardest "buyable" to train, due to there being no good way to obtain the supplies needed in game. You can't donate for fletching supplies either, unless you count turning bars into dart tips. My point here is that they should be added firstly because there's an unlock for them, and secondly because fletching needs something between a fletching supplies shop being added and a rework. This is an easy to implement option and I think even ironmen would appreciate this, as Boats mentioned. 

     As for them being "relatively low" XP yield, I said that they are 30xp (base rates) PER BOLT. You fletch 15 at a time. That kind of XP is more than double a rune arrow.  This is nothing to scoff at in terms of XP, for any game mode. Please consider adding them as they would be very welcome in today's current skilling economy. Thanks for reading.

 

Edit: That sucks about the animation. Oh well.

Edited by Kyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The intent here isn't to use them as a method killing monsters. They are there to provide a viable method of training fletching, which, as of the right now, is the hardest "buyable" to train, due to there being no good way to obtain the supplies needed in game. You can't donate for fletching supplies either, unless you count turning bars into dart tips. My point here is that they should be added firstly because there's an unlock for them, and secondly because fletching needs something between a fletching supplies shop being added and a rework. This is an easy to implement option and I think even ironmen would appreciate this, as Boats mentioned. 

     As for them being "relatively low" XP yield, I said that they are 30xp (base rates) PER BOLT. You fletch 15 at a time. This is nothing to scoff at in terms of XP, for any game mode. Please consider adding them as they would be very welcome in today's current skilling economy. Thanks for reading.

 

Edit: That sucks about the animation. Oh well.


So back to the main question, is it worth the development time to add these? Is there any significant advantage to adding these, even for fletching? I am asking this question on a community level - not just directly to you. And you've twisted my words a bit, i did not say they were relatively low XP yield, i said there is little to no XP advantage (implying over current methods). 

As mentioned, I'm looking for community response. Not just you yourself - is there a benefit to these overall, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...