View Poll Results: Should Legend XP Mode have a drop rate bonus?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 5-10%

    20 76.92%
  • No

    6 23.08%
  • Other (explain why in a reply)

    0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11






    Lation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    665
    Thanks (Received)
    287
    Likes (Received)
    27
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldnef View Post
    they should be able to play their own game. But there is definitely a conflict of interest when it comes to imps and their characters.
    This guy has provided us with some insightful information here.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Every server I have ever played has been like this. It gives incentive to play a legend which creates a long term player. I normally play the lowest xp rate on a server for better drop rates but this one didn't offer it.

    I'd also suggest more than 2 xp rates.
    X50 is normal drop rate
    X40 is .25
    X30 is .50
    X20 is .75

    Most servers who implement this do not give crazy drop bonuses. You need some sort of incentive because very few players are going to grind a rsps like that because if they were going to invest thousands of hours in a RSPS they wouldn't be playing one. Just my opinion.

    Some other nice incentives are double skilling supplies when woodcutting fishing etc after a certain total level. Just my .02

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    I've seen this implemented before and there is pros and cons to this whole idea, one con is that with enough bossing and that little bit of an rng increase one could get 2-5 unique drops where as someone on a different game mode gets 1-3 unique drops in the same kill span meaning over time these players would most likely being the ones controlling the rate at which these items come into the game now with something like bandos armor or a godsword that isn't all that bad but with something like corp or nex where those items are meant to be rare it could start to devalue and flood the market but with that being said i'm not against it i just want to make sure this is something thought out and doesn't end up biting the server later on down the road

  4. #14



    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    107
    Thanks (Received)
    41
    Likes (Received)
    4
    Dislikes (Received)
    1
    Rep Power
    15
    Especially since combat is so easy on the server. Makes no sense :/

  5. #15






    Lation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    665
    Thanks (Received)
    287
    Likes (Received)
    27
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Boats View Post
    Especially since combat is so easy on the server. Makes no sense :/
    Imagine playing ely, facepalm

    OT: appreciate your feedback and good input on the subject skeletor
    Last edited by Lation; 04-13-2019 at 08:17 AM.

  6. #16



    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    107
    Thanks (Received)
    41
    Likes (Received)
    4
    Dislikes (Received)
    1
    Rep Power
    15
    Hey. I have a maxed account on this server. And I’ve maxed like 10 accounts on this source lmao

  7. #17






    Lation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    665
    Thanks (Received)
    287
    Likes (Received)
    27
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Boats View Post
    Hey. I have a maxed account on this server. And I’ve maxed like 10 accounts on this source lmao
    I troll, appreciate your input tho

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    WV, USA
    Posts
    35
    Thanks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Ive maxed a Ultimate Ironman Legend. Gotten a ton of drops in few kills. Got a grae piece on kc 2. If drop rate was increased itd be too easy to farm items. Trade(reg players) or drop trade those items to another acc to sell and ruin the eco even more. Its unnecessary. The legend gamemode is for people who would like to grind a lot more and feel accomplished for the feat. Such incentives as a drop rate boost when everything is already easy to get would just ruin it all. Yes, there should be some incentive to get people to try out the gamemode more. But a drop rate increase isnt it.

  9. #19






    Lation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    665
    Thanks (Received)
    287
    Likes (Received)
    27
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofares Pk View Post
    Ive maxed a Ultimate Ironman Legend. Gotten a ton of drops in few kills. Got a grae piece on kc 2. If drop rate was increased itd be too easy to farm items. Trade(reg players) or drop trade those items to another acc to sell and ruin the eco even more. Its unnecessary. The legend gamemode is for people who would like to grind a lot more and feel accomplished for the feat. Such incentives as a drop rate boost when everything is already easy to get would just ruin it all. Yes, there should be some incentive to get people to try out the gamemode more. But a drop rate increase isnt it.
    The only incentive I know of is the more skilling points. Do you know if there is more PvM Points? Maybe Slayer points? Stuff of that sort could be a good alternative incentive for the gamemode outside of a drop rate boost.

  10. #20



    Kari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    337
    Thanks (Received)
    94
    Likes (Received)
    10
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lation View Post
    The only incentive I know of is the more skilling points. Do you know if there is more PvM Points? Maybe Slayer points? Stuff of that sort could be a good alternative incentive for the gamemode outside of a drop rate boost.
    The only thing legends get is the boosted skilling points.
    I'm all for adding some benefits to legend mode but I agree with Sono, droprate increase isn't it.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.
Inferno 3.2.7 by @xijailbreakx
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.6.3 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com